How To Find a Good Niche To Make Money - Part 2
This is the 2nd Part of my free tutorials and here I am going to discuss about how to find a niche to create your first site or blog. In case you missed the first part then read it here: Getting Started With Making Money Online: Part 1
1. A Focused Mind and willing to work hard
2. Little investment such as $20-$30 to start.
3. Ability to work consistently until and unless you don’t get success
Look, creating a site or blog is a simple task. Don’t get scared if you are not from technical background. It doesn’t require any prior technical knowledge. Any person having knowledge of internet can create a site or blog.
While starting I was too worried about website creation. Believe me, I am really poor at designing and I wanted stay away from creating site of blog even though I am from technical background. Seems interesting, isn’t it? LOL I was worried and that is why I wasted my lot of time searching for some income source where we don’t need any site. Even I wasted money purchasing one garbage product and finally I realized the real truth: “You have to have your own sites or blog to make a living online. There is no other way to do it.“
Why I am saying This?
You will see lot of products where they claim you don’t need to have any sites. Just don’t give importance to them and follow rule 1. Of course there are ways where you don’t need but those can’t generate passive income.
So, Are You Ready to Create Your First Site or Blog?
I believe you are and congratulation on making a great decision. Note that we are going to create Blog, not site actually. Wordpress blog are much more easier than craeting HTML site. With wordpress you don’t need to have any HTML knowledge. It’s as easy as clicking few buttons.
How To Find a Good Niche?
If you are beginner then you might have difficult in understanding what does Niche means. You can refer Wikipedia for this. But in a simple word a niche means the topic of your blog.
Finding a good niche is not really easy and you need to do proper market research before selecting any. If you select wrong niche, chances are you won’t make money at all.
What Is a Good Niche:
1. It should have demand. I mean people should search about this online. In coming tutorial I will tell you how to judge the demand.
2. People should spend money on it.
3. You should be passionate about it and should have some knowledge. However there is one exception here and read below to know more.
Let me elaborate the 3rd point. See, if you are ready to spend few hundred dollar then it is fine if you don’t have knowledge about the niche. You can easily outsource the complete content. But I don’t recommend any beginner to this. Even though you have money, simply avoid this. Start at least one blog of your own choice so that you get better experience. Internet marketing is all about experience and we can learn more and more from our mistakes.
Few Good Niches:
Let me give you some idea of good niches which has been generating money from past and will continue making money. You can think of this as evergreen niche. Few of these are my favorite too
However these are very broad niches and don’t create blog based on this. Select sub niches to create your blog. I will show you how to do that.
4. Software and Electronics
5. Home Improvement
These are only few and all are broad niches. Now lets have a look at how sub niches can be generated from this.
Broad niche: Health
3 sub niches under Health:
1. Disease 2. Fitness 3. Beauty 4. Wellness
1. Diseases: Now again this is broad niche and you need to analyze it further. Lets see how I do it:
There are different types of disease and people always want to know the best treatment to overcome their disease. Means, there is demand and money and these should be the niche for your blog.
1.3 Bad Breath
1.4 Bipolar disorder
1.7 Ear Infections
1.8 Eating Disorders
2.0 Erectile dysfunction
And so on… If you do a study, you can find lot of niches on which you can create a site. You can refer this page to find a complete list.
Similarly, let us analyze the second sub niche under Health
2.1 Reduce Belly Fat
2.2 Reduce Thai Fat
2.3 Get six packs abs
2.4 Build Muscle and so on.
Like this we need to analyze each niche. Once you do it properly, I am sure you will see lot of opportunities.
The above part give you some general idea about good niche. Now let me show you some real ways to find out hot niches:
1. Amazon.com: Check products which have lot of positive review. More positive reviews means, the product is famous. Don’t forget to check out the best selling products
2. Ebay.com: You can also browse Ebay for different niche ideas.
3. ClickBank.com: Here you will get idea about lot of products. Product with gravity above 30 is a good indicator. But not every time though and in my next tutorial you will learn more.
4. Reviews.cnet.com: I hope you already know about this site but did not think to use it for niche research
5. Consumersearch.com: Great website to do market research on physical products
6. Epinions.com: Same as Consumersearch.com
7. Flippa.com: Basically it’s a auction site where people can sale/buy websites or domain. Check out the Auction lists. Definitely you will be able to find sites making money. Why can’t you create a site on same niche and make money? Definitely you can.
8. Different Affiliate Networks such as: MarketHealth.com, MoreNiche.com, Offervault.com etc: You can find more information of various products, niche using these networks. MarketHealth is preety good and it has some really good products.
Why Should You Select a Sub Niche and Why Not a Broad?
Broad niche are not targeted and those are really tough. To make money we actually need targeted traffic, not just any traffic. Means, if I have a site about how to make money online then I want to get only those people interested in making money online. Not those who are searching about Saving Money Tips. You will learn more about targeted traffic in my next tutorial.
Well, for today this is enough I believe. I don’t want to make you overwhelmed with lot of information at once. But note that this post is directly related to my next post. My next post will be on Finding Good Keywords. A good niche and good keywords are the first two things you need.
Hope you liked it. Feel free to share it with your friends. If I get anything new ideas about finding a good niche, I will edit this post. I usually get lot of ideas but I don’t remember those in time
Tags:find a niche,finding a niche,good niches,how to find a niche